How to Apply
2016/17 Accommodation Applications
If you’ve selected Chester as either your firm or insurance choice, you will be sent information regarding accommodation in the post in April. As soon as you receive the information in the post, you will be able to apply online.
Here are the key dates you need to know when applying for University owned and partnership accommodation:
29th March 2016 - Online applications for accommodation OPEN.
27th May 2016 - Deadline for priority allocation*. International students may apply until the 18th August.
*Deadline applicable only to students who have a UCAS reply date of Wednesday 4th May 2016. If your UCAS reply date is after Wednesday 4th May, we will contact you with an alternative application deadline.
Following the application deadline, we will contact you to let you know the progress with your application. At this point, we should be able to confi rm that a room has been reserved for you. Once your academic results are known and your place at the University has been confirmed, we will then advise you of the actual room you have been allocated. For the majority of students, this will be around A-Level Results Day on Thursday 18th August 2016.
If we receive your application after the advised deadline, we will endeavour to process your application, but applications received before the deadline will take priority.
Our aim at the University of Chester is to help all first year undergraduates find suitable accommodation either in University residences, our partnership accommodation or in the private sector. As the University is not able to accommodate all first year undergraduate students, we take into account the following criteria:
- University of Chester as first choice of study.
- Geographical location of the students’ home base; places are allocated to those who live the furthest from the University.
- Special needs or circumstances e.g. special medical conditions and care leavers.
- Late Application – Students who apply late, gain entry through an insurance choice or via Clearing are less likely to be allocated a place in University accommodation, as priority will go to University of Chester 1st Choice Students.
- Applicants for Science and Engineering courses based at Thornton Science Park are guaranteed accommodation. Further details on the conditions of this allocation can be found on the Thornton Science Park accommodation pages.