2015/16 Accommodation Applications
Applicants who have selected Chester as one of their choices should soon be receiving information through the post about our online application process. As soon as you’ve received these details you can then start to apply online. Remember, there is no 'first-come, first served' policy at Chester, so as long as you submit your application before Friday 24th July 2015, your application will be considered fairly.
Our aim at the University of Chester is to help all first year undergraduates find suitable accommodation either in University residences, our partnership accommodation or in the private sector. As the University is not able to accommodate all first year undergraduate students, we take into account the following criteria:
- University of Chester as first choice of study.
- Geographical location of the students’ home base; places are allocated to those who live the furthest from the University.
- Special needs or circumstances e.g. special medical conditions and care leavers.
- Late Application – Students who gain entry through an insurance choice or via Clearing are less likely to be allocated a place in University accommodation, as priority will go to University of Chester 1st Choice Students.
- Applicants for Science and Engineering courses based at Thornton Science Park are guaranteed accommodation. Further details on the conditions of this allocation can be found on the Thornton Science Park accommodation pages.