As the University is not able to accommodate all first year undergraduate students, we take into account the following criteria:
- University of Chester as first choice of study.
- Geographical location of the students’ home base; places are allocated to those who live the furthest from the University.
- Special needs or circumstances e.g. special medical conditions and care leavers.
- Late Application – Students who gain entry through an insurance choice or via Clearing are less likely to be allocated a place in University accommodation, as priority will go to University of Chester 1st Choice Students.
Once you have accepted your course offer, you can start to apply for accommodation online.
- You will have received a letter with your student ID and password which you will need to complete your application form.
- Once you have completed the online application you will be able to view the status of your application at any point. Once we have allocated the accommodation you will receive an email confirming your accommodation offer or further information regarding the private sector.
- When accepting the offer of accommodation you will be required to make a £250 deposit. This is to secure the accommodation and will be taken out of your last instalment payment.
- If we do not receive an application form, we will assume that you do not require accommodation and that you are either local applicant or you intend to make your own accommodation arrangements.
Ready to apply?
Please note the online application is for new first year students and all current students of the University looking for accommodation should contact the Accommodation Office directly.
If you've selected Chester as one of your choices, you can begin to apply for accommodation once you’ve received an information pack from us. When you are ready to begin your application, you should login to PASS, our Pre-Arrival Student Site.
Please make sure you read through the application guide we've sent to you in the post!