Department of Business and Finance
Studying for a Business degree has never been more exciting. The world of Business is now delivered on a global scale dominated by the international integration of markets and economies. The programmes on offer in our department are designed to equip you for a career in business. Whether you want to develop your understanding of the way business works, focus on leadership and management skills or become an expert in finance, our programmes will help you to succeed in your chosen field.
Our Business Management and International Business Management programmes enable you to evaluate and understand the changes that the business world is going through, whilst our Global Entrepreneurship and Business Management programme will allow you to develop high-level leadership, management, and entrepreneurial skills.
Our Accounting and Finance, Banking and Business Finance and Business Finance programmes prepare you for a career in the financial world, with assessments that reflect those used in the profession, and close links with many of the UK professional accounting bodies.
All of the undergraduate and postgraduate courses allow you to study and explore business issues in-depth and in context, and equip you with the skills to succeed in organisations where challenges and opportunities are constantly evolving.
Most of our undergraduate honours degrees may be taken either as a single subject or may be combined with another appropriate subject. We offer:
- Accounting and Finance (Queen's Park Campus, single hons only)
- Banking and Business Finance (Queen's Park Campus, single hons only)
- Business Finance (Queen's Park Campus, single hons only)
- Business Management (Queen's Park Campus)
- International Business Management (Queen's Park Campus, single hons only)
- International Business Management with a Language (Queen's Park Campus)
- Integrated Master's in Business (Queen's Park Campus)
- Global Entrepreneurship and Business Management (Queen's Park Campus, single hons only)
All our Single Honours students are offered degrees with a one year professional business placement (a four year programme) to further develop and enhance the skills for a career in business and management. You may decide not to complete a placement year, in which case the programme will be three years.
A postgraduate degree can help you to build on your current experience and skills, or acquire new ones. A postgraduate qualification also contributes both to your own personal development and to your career prospects. A graduate can continue their education at Masters level on our MSc in Management which has a variety of pathways to support career aspirations.
We offer the following postgraduate courses:
- MSc Management
- MSc Management with Information Systems
- MSc Management with International Business
- MSc Management with Finance
- MSc Management with Human Resource Management
- MSc Management with Marketing
- MBA (Full-time)
- MBA (Part-time)
- Chester Business Master's
Our MSc programme allows you the opportunity to further develop your chosen area of expertise and indicates your true value to potential employers.
For entrepreneurs there is an opportunity to start your own business whilst studying this degree and take advantage of the support provided through our Innovation and Development Directorate.