Learning and Information Services
Learning and Information Services offers a wide range of IT and library services on behalf of the University at our campuses in Chester, Thornton, Warrington and at the Faculty of Health and Social Care Education Centres in Leighton and Clatterbridge Hospitals.
We manage a high speed internet connection which you'll use for your studies and entertainment whilst at the University.
The network provides a managed web service in halls of residence, (ResNET) a Virtual Learning Environment (Portal), hundreds of computers around the University for you to use in Open Access Suites, “follow me “printing via Multi-functional printer, copier, scanners and a wireless network in many buildings so you can connect and print from your own laptop almost anywhere.
- ResNET - The Internet in your accommodation.
- Open Access Computers- Hundreds of computers for you to use
We hold extensive collections of books and journals to support University teaching and research, plus audio-visual and IT resources to help staff and students prepare learning materials and produce assignments and dissertations.
- Library Services - Print and online resources for your studies
- External Readers - Services we offer to any member of the public
- Library Catalogue - Browse, reserve and check your borrowing record
- Lapsafe – laptops available to loan for use in the Library
- Sconul & Eduroam access – Services we offer to staff and students from other Universities
- Study spaces & Zones – Maximize your study potential in our booths and zones
- Media Services – Audio & digital equipment available to loan
- Open Access Locations
- University Card