The Centre is unique in the UK in that the staffing of the centre includes five members of the Department of Theology and Religious Studies and five members of the Department of Biological Sciences.
The Mission of the centre is to:
- Attract full and part-time doctoral students to the University who have a particular interest in this field.
- Organise research lecture series in particular aspects of the above area with the particular aim of stimulating interest in this field.
- Provide a venue for exchange and dialogue with other existing centres in the UK and Overseas in related fields.
- Promote research colloquia on particular themes and leading to edited works.
- Promote cross-disciplinary research.
- Prepare to act in a consultancy capacity for relevant issues of public concern as and when they arise.
- Raise public awareness of issues in religion and science, in particular the biosciences particulary medical and environmental issues.
Click here for information on previous conferences arranged by the centre