Students studying history, archaeology, or heritage have the opportunity to undertake a work placement as part of their course.
I came here because the Archaeology course was one of the best.
In recent years, students have undertaken placements at:
- Hawarden Castle (resistivity survey looking for evidence of Civil War siege mining)
- Cheshire Military Museum (designing schools education programme)
- Beeston Castle (access project for English Heritage)
- St John's Church, Chester (designing a guidebook)
- Whitby Park, Ellesmere Port (interpretation project)
Outside lectures, students also have the opportunity to do voluntary work at a number of local organisations such as the Cheshire Military Museum and the Chester Amphitheatre project.