- Flashes must be no more than 360 words (including the title).
- Flashes must not have been published previously. However, we welcome submissions for republication from authors, editors, agents, and publishers for our ‘Flash Presents’ section, which introduces readers to existing collections and anthologies. The source of such stories will be clearly acknowledged.
- You may submit up to 6 flashes for consideration for the same issue. Attach them to a single email. Do not submit stories that are currently being considered by another magazine.
- Text should be single-spaced and in 12-point Times New Roman. Beneath each flash should be the word count and the author's name and contact details (postal and email addresses). In the postal address, please include the country. See How to present your flashes.
- Each flash should be saved as an individual Word document ('doc', 'docx' or 'rtf'; not 'odt'), attached to a single email and sent to: email@example.com. In your email, please tell us how you know about Flash.
- Do not use SkyDrive or HeyPublisher Submissions Service.
- Before submitting work, contributors are encouraged to read an issue of the magazine. See the ‘Flash Subscriptions and Orders’ page for details of how to subscribe or purchase single issues.
- Contributors get a complimentary copy of the issue featuring their flash/flashes.
- Click here for a downloadable copy of the submission guidelines.
There is not a deadline for submissions. When the next issue is full, we will stop accepting submissions.
Articles and Reviews
- Articles and reviews are considered. Please contact the editors for details.
Books for Review
- Books for review should be sent to the editors at the address below.
- Copyright remains with the author. However, publication in Flash grants the editors permission to republish flashes, articles, and reviews elsewhere (in, for example, an anthology of the best pieces from Flash). If your flash, article, or review is republished in any other place, acknowledgement should be made to: Flash: The International Short-Short Story Magazine.