What makes us a success?
All our departments get fantastic ratings in the National Student Survey and the League Tables, making us a leading Faculty in the country for student satisfaction. Here are just a few examples:
- English - 98% agree lecturers are enthusiastic about what they are teaching (NSS 2013)
- Modern Languages - 3rd in UK for satisfaction with teaching (Guardian University Guide 2014)
- History - 99% agree lecturers are enthusiastic about what they are teaching (NSS 2013)
- Archaeology - 100% agree lecturers are good at explaining things (NSS 2013)
- TRS - 1st in UK for course satisfaction (Guardian University Guide 2014)
We really do put students at the heart of all the subjects we teach. So what are the secrets?
Our students love being here.
It’s really true. There’s a great deal to love about Chester: it has a vibrant nightlife and also a reputation as one of England’s safest cities; it’s a city full of young people and also full of character and attractive old buildings; it’s a university with a personal touch and a reputation for friendliness and a supportive environment.
But there’s something more about studying the Humanities at Chester: you’ll not only love your student experience, the university and the city; you will also have a fantastic opportunity to be fulfilled in your studies, enthusiastic about your subject, and delighted to work with your lecturers and fellow students. And we will give you the opportunity of an education for life.
- are carefully selected as dedicated teachers.
- are leading experts.
- are enthusiasts for their subjects.
- give prompt and detailed feedback.
- are available and approachable.
- are always updating their programmes.
- are committed to empowering independent learners.