Support for International Students
The International Welfare Co-ordinator is part of the Student Welfare team and provides support for all international students throughout their studies at the University. This includes students from the European Union and European Economic Area as well as those from Overseas.
We provide guidance, information and advice on a wide range of subjects including personal, academic and social issues. Support is available throughout your studies.
If you would like to make an appointment with the International Welfare Co-ordinator please contact us to arrange this.
0044 1244 511550
University of Chester
Preparation check list
Before arriving in the UK you must ensure you have the correct documents and keep them in your hand luggage. These include:
- Your valid passport with the correct entry clearance should you require it; or your ID card if you are from the EU/EEA.
- Your travel tickets.
- Your health documents should you require them.
- Your letter of acceptance from the University.
- If you are an overseas student you may also be required by Immigration to show that you have paid your fees.
- Originals (or certified copies) of any qualification certificates you have.
- You should carry enough money (£ pound Sterling) to cover any expenses that you may have when you arrive. Keep credit cards, cash and Traveller's Cheques in a secure inner pocket.
- It is important to keep a copy of the University's contact details to hand should you need them.