Professional Doctorates are awards conferring intellectual and professional distinction which recognise the achievements of senior practitioners in a range of disciplines.
They typically involve a number of taught modules or negotiated studies at masters or doctoral level and a research project at doctoral level leading to the production of an individual thesis.
The courses are an alternative to traditional PhD study, and are particularly suited to professionals who are seeking CPD.
The University offers the following Professional Doctorate programmes:
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA)
- Doctor of Education (EdD)
- Doctor of Professional Studies (DProf) Negotiated Studies
- Doctor of Professional Studies (DProf) in Practical Theology
- Doctor of Professional Studies (DProf) in Health and Social Care
- Doctor of Professional Studies (DProf) Counselling and Psychotherapy Studies/Psychological Trauma
- Doctor of Public Health (DrPH)
For information about course content please contact the programme leader for the relevant course.