Getting involved with Work Based Learning is straight-forward.
If you are ready to offer a placement or have any questions about the WBL placement module then we’d love to hear from you. Choose and download the relevant form from the following. Please note files are in pdf format. MS Word versions are available from the ‘Download’ section on the right-hand side of the page.
Placement Offer Form (Business/Community Sector)
Placement Offer Form (Education Sector)
You can either post the completed form to: WBL Office, University of Chester, Parkgate Road, Chester CH1 4BJ, or email as an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you complete the form, please ensure that you agree to the following:
- Provide an unpaid 5-week negotiated placement that offers development through challenging learning opportunities (minimum 150 hours over not less than five weeks in May/June – for specific dates please see the business/community or education leaflets).
- Provide an environment which is covered by employers’ and public liability insurances.
- Comply with health & safety and any other relevant legislation (e.g. equal opportunities).
- Interview the student and agree a suitable work pattern and placement objectives.
- Involve the student as a normal member of staff and provide support throughout.
- Provide the student with an end-of-placement appraisal.
- Where appropriate, make reasonable adjustments in the workplace for students with Special Educational Needs (SEN)/disabilities.
Please note that:
- There is no requirement to pay the student.
- Where an Enhanced DBS is required for a placement, the University as the ‘personnel supplier’ is responsible for carrying out the check and the student is responsible for the cost.
- A travel subsidy is made available by the University to the student to assist with costs associated with travelling to and from the placement (excluding parking, taxis and tolls). Unfortunately the University is unable to cover costs for travel (or other such costs) as part of the placement.