WBL at Chester has been developed to meet the needs of employers as well as students. By getting involved you are helping to develop the next generation of graduates and employees.
... Work Based Learning placements are a win-win situation. The organisation is able to undertake valuable projects that are otherwise difficult to action and the students gain experiences that only placements can provide.
Benefits to you
- Have an extra pair of hands at no cost to take responsibility for an area of the business or stand-alone project.
- Obtain fresh ideas and a new perspective to working practices.
- Assess and recruit potential new members of staff.
- Mentoring opportunities/staff development for your organisation.
- Help develop the future workforce.
Benefits to students
Placements offer the opportunity for students to:
- Apply skills and take ownership of a project or series of tasks.
- Try out a potential future career.
- Make new contacts through networking opportunities.
- Gain experience to add to CV.