Support is available to you and the student throughout the placement.
The student provided valuable support and the whole process worked smoothly.
- We have a dedicated team of Placement Coordinators to oversee the whole placement process, therefore if you have any queries about the WBL programme there is always someone on hand to provide guidance and support.
- If your organisation is located within a 30 mile radius of Chester or Warrington, a Placement Coordinator will welcome the opportunity to visit you to discuss the WBL programme in more detail (subject to staff availability). Please contact Work Based Learning to arrange an appointment.
- Each student is allocated a WBL tutor who is responsible for delivering the student’s University-based Induction Programme and overseeing the placement and assessment. The tutor will typically oversee the placements for approximately 25 students and would therefore not normally be expected to visit you or the student during the placement. They will, however, make telephone contact with you during the placement and may be contacted by you or the student at any time during the placement.
Supporting the Student
- Pre-placement, students undertake a University-based compulsory Induction Programme that explores the skills employers are looking for in their employees and gives the student detailed advice on how to complete the assessment.
- Students are encouraged to plan what they wish to learn through the placement (based on their job description), to manage their own learning, and to reflect on their learning after the placement.
- The Learning Agreement drafted by the student with the support from a tutor, sets out the learning and development areas the student wishes to focus on. We ask that placement supervisors discuss the Learning Agreement with the student at the start of the placement to ensure that their goals are realistic.
- Tutors are available to offer advice and guidance throughout the placement.