Academic Quality Support Services
Academic Quality Support Services (AQSS) is responsible for managing the University's processes to assure the quality and standards of its academic provision.
...providing advice and guidance and administrative support in the areas of quality and enhancement, and in relation to academic organisational audit and review.
This includes oversight of the following activities.
- Approval, monitoring and review of programmes of study and those who deliver them, including the University's faculties and its partner institutions.
- Periodic review of the University's academic support service departments.
- Organisation of awards assessment boards and management of the external examiner system.
- Management of the procedures for dealing with academic appeals and academic malpractice.
- Servicing of several University committees and of audits and working parties on different aspects of the University's work.
- Preparation of the University for various forms of external audit and review.
- Information about the University and its provision, including the production of KIS data and Student Satisfaction Surveys
- To promote and support the active involvement and engagement of students in a wide range of the university's quality assurance and enhancement and other academic related activities
AQSS is headed by the Dean of Academic Quality & Enhancement, and forms part of Academic Quality and Enhancement along with the LTI (Learning and Teaching Institute) .
Its offices are at 24 Liverpool Road, Chester, a few minutes' walk from the main University campus.