Research & Knowledge Transfer Office
The Research and Knowledge Transfer Office has overall responsibility for the promotion and development of research, scholarship and knowledge transfer across the University.
The aims of the Office are:
- to stimulate high-quality activity by publishing opportunities for research funding and collaboration, and by promoting specific calls for funding proposals
- to support departments by providing training in writing and costing proposals, and by providing access to specialist support staff to assist in managing projects
- to monitor the development and progress of research and knowledge transfer activities at the University, benchmarking against comparable institutions
- to report on all relevant activities on behalf of the University to outside agencies and funding bodies.
- to oversee research governance within the University. Policies and procedures relating to this can be found in our Research Governance Handbook.