People and Business
The University is actively engaged in delivering Continuing Professional Development (CPD) courses to a range of clients. The courses are typically tailored to the needs of the client and can be accredited by the University. In many cases, participants can use this training and put the credits gained towards a higher degree.
The University works with organisations and individuals from all sectors in meeting the challenges of business growth and development in a competitive, changing environment.
From specialist advice to long-term training and development projects, the University can draw on its extensive resources and expertise to help you develop your organisation and the capabilities of your staff.
We offer practical, work-focused courses and executive education, either drawn from our current programme portfolio or designed and delivered to meet your specific organisational and professional development needs.
- Short courses and workshops to update your staff and create new insights into ways of working
- Accredited programmes, often developed with professional bodies, that have a strong workplace focus
- Analysis of your organisational and workforce issues to produce a tailored programme of development across all levels of staff
We work with organisations of all sizes, from SMEs to major public and private sector employers.
If you or your organisation would like to know more, the key contact areas for organisational and professional development are:
- Corporate Business and Enterprise and the Centre for Work Related Studies in the Faculty of Business and Management. Staff experienced in designing and delivering corporate and work-based programmes will identify how best to meet your specific development needs.
- Professional development courses for teachers and graduate professionals in the children's workforce, offered by the University's Faculty of Education and Children's Services.
- Specialist nursing and midwifery post-registration programmes, offered through the Faculty of Health and Social Care.
- Innovation and Development Directorate, which collaborates with employers to develop programmes, including foundation degrees, which promote access to Higher Education, vocational progression and lifelong learning.
- New Technology Initiative(NTI). An Accredited Training Organisation for the PRINCE2 Project Management method and its sister qualification M_o_R (Management of Risk), the NTI specialises in project management and technology training.
- icCreate @ The Informatics Centre. An innovative and creative website and mobile application development enterprise within the School of Computer Science, Business Computing and Mathematics.
Alternatively, contact theResearch and Knowledge Transfer Office if you have a query outside these subject areas.