The Business Management portfolio at Warrington has recently expanded its range of vocational specialisms- including Marketing and Advertising Management, Music Events Management as well as Sports Events Management and Sport Marketing and Management. There is also a Business (Fast-track), two year degree programme running in 2017.
Within our broad business and media curriculum, solid academic underpinning is enhanced by a high level of professional skills embedded in course content and practitioner delivery, which has provided a solid foundation to a wide range of individual career paths. Our close collaboration with a growing network of local and national organisations, allied to our invaluable ‘work-based learning’ ethos, adds a new and exciting dimension to the University experience.
Features of our programmes which connect theory and practice include:
- a sandwich-style year's paid work placement in industry;
- strong integration with Warrington's business community enhances degree relevance and helps our students to find professional work-based placements;
- our volunteering scheme supports the community work of a number of charities and good causes and allows students to develop their team-working, organising and interpersonal skills; and, most importantly,
- expertise and experience is delivered by well qualified teaching staff who are practitioners and researchers in their field.
Overall these and other opportunities for students have ensured that we are one of the highest universities for graduate level employment in the North West region.
- BA (Hons) Business Management
- BA (Hons) Events Management
- BA (Hons) Hospitality Management
- BA (Hons) Marketing and Advertising Management
- BA (Hons) Music Events Management
- BA (Hons) Sports Events Management
- BA (Hons) Sport Marketing and Management
- BSc (Hons) Business (Fast-Track)
Please note that all undergraduate and certain postgraduate courses have specific applications deadlines.